Get stuck into inside the atom
Real data online
Would you like to be a particle physicist in your spare time? Try downloading some LHC data and see what you can find…
- Higgs Hunters – Uncover the building blocks of the Universe and help search for unknown exotic particles in LHC data in this citizen science Zooniverse project.
- Collider – Smartphone application – The Higgs Boson in your hand! Collider lets you view high energy particle collisions directly from the Large Hadron Collider, making it simple to understand what's going on at a glance.
- Minerva – Uses LHC data to enable you to learn more about the physics that goes on in the ATLAS detector at the LHC and how a particle detector works.
Activities to try at home
Why not try out some physics in the comfort of your own home or while you're out and about.
- Marvin and Milo: Do try this at home – From the Institute of Physics, explore physics the exciting way, by trying out simple and fun experiments. From flame balloons to psychic paper these guys have something for everyone to try.
- Explore your Universe - a national programme of events, experiments and resources from your local science and discovery centre to help teach children of all ages about space and particle physics.
Why not keep up to date with what is going on at CERN by watching the CERN YouTube channel or by following CERN’s social media channels: Facebook, Twitter and Google+
Throughout the year we have events, open days and public talks at out sites in Oxfordshire, Cheshire and Edinburgh. To find out how you can see our amazing science and technology, visit see the science.
What else is out there
To find out what Inside the Atom activities are going on at your local University, contact their particle and nuclear physics groups.