Dark Matter Day is coming ... but Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
28 July 2017
This Halloween, prepare for something really, really dark.
On 31 October 2017, the world will come together to celebrate one of the biggest mysteries of our Universe, dark matter, and you can play a part – don’t be left in the dark.
Dark Matter Day will tell tales of the unknown about this mysterious mass, at local Dark Matter Day events planned all over the globe by organisations and individuals.
In the UK events are already being arranged – here is a selection of the events taking place so far:
- Family event at STFC’s Rutherford Appleton Laboratory during the October half term
- Family event at STFC’s Daresbury Laboratory during the October half term
- Family event at STFC’s UK Astronomy Technology Centre in the week leading up to Dark Matter Day
- Live link up to STFC’s Boulby Mine for schools on Dark Matter Day 31 October
- An evening of talks and discussion at King’s College London on Dark Matter Day 31 October
- Café Scientifique at The Filmhouse Café, Edinburgh on Monday 30 October
For full details on Dark Matter Day, please view the full article on the STFC website, or visit the Dark Matter Day website.