Particle Physics Advisory Panel
The purpose of the Advisory Panel is to provide a link between Science Board and the community, and represent the needs of the community to STFC.
- Chair: Claire Shepherd-Themistocleous – STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
- Steven Abel – Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology
- Veronique Boisvert – Royal Holloway, University of London
- Joanne Cole – Brunel University London
- Lars Eklund – University of Glasgow
- Roger Jones – University of Lancaster
- Matthew Malek – University of Sheffield
- Pawel Majewski – STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
- Peter Ratoff – Cockcroft Institute
- Robert Thorne – University College London
Please click on the dates below to access the website for each meeting.
Terms of reference
The Advisory Panel is tasked to:
- Maintain an overview of activities within the area
- Develop and maintain a science vision and long term strategy / roadmap by assessing the merit of current and future science opportunities
- Develop and maintain a technology roadmap for their area of research
- Consult and interact with the community to ensure its views are canvassed and there is an appropriate and effective route for communication with STFC on strategic programmatic issues
- Provide advice to Science Board on specific questions as requested
- Liaise with other Advisory Panels when appropriate
The remit of the panel includes Technology Development, Theory, High Performance Computing and Data Curation issues within their area.
The full terms of reference can be downloaded here.
STFC invites nominations to join its panels and committees on an annual basis. If you are interested in joining the PPAP please contact Sarah Verth.