8 Exploitation of Results and Dissemination of Information
- Principal Investigators are expected to disseminate the results of their work to relevant beneficiaries and the general public.
- The investigator(s) should, subject to the procedures laid down by the Research Organisation and any collaborating partners, publish the results of the research grant in accordance with normal practice.
- STFC supports the sentiments of the RCUK position statement on access to research outputs. Further clarification about the arrangements under which Research Organisations can make provision for the payment of publication fees under full economic costing can be found in the document Paying for Open Access Publication Charges.
- For all STFC grants arising from proposals submitted after 1 December 2006, the full text of any articles resulting from the grant that are published in journals or conference proceedings, whether during or after the period of the grant, must be deposited, at the earliest opportunity, in an appropriate e-print repository, wherever such a repository is available, subject to compliance with publisher's copyright and licensing policies. Wherever possible, the article deposited should be the published version.
- In addition, the bibliographical metadata (including a link to the publisher's web site) must wherever possible be deposited, at or around the time of publication, in the relevant e-print repository.