6 Administration of Research Grants
6.2 Announcement of a Research Grant
- When a proposal has been approved for funding, the research grant will be
announced as a formal offer of an award to the Research Organisation.
- Where staff resources have been revised following peer review, the Research
Organisation will be asked to provide revised figures for estates,
infrastructure technicians and indirect costs. The Research
Organisation should provide the revised figures within ten working
days. The original rates,used at the time the proposal was completed,
should be used for recosting, even if the rates have changed since the original
submission. Where Research Organisations fail to comply with this request,
the Research Councils will revise estates, infrastructure technicians and
indirect costs on a pro rata basis.
- The announcement will give full details of the funds awarded and any
additional or specific conditions associated with the research grant.
- The formal announcement will be sent to the Research Organisation
administrative authorities, copied to the Principal Investigator and any
- The formal announcement of a research grant will give an expected start
date and end date of the research grant.
- The formal announcement of a research grant will be accompanied by:
- a starting certificate - which gives the research grant reference, the
investigator(s) name(s) and proposed start and end dates of the research
- a schedule of profiled payments - which sets out the pattern of quarterly
payments that STFC undertakes to make throughout the lifetime of the research