6 Administration of Research Grants
6.3 Funding Limitations
- Grant funds include a provision for inflation based on the GDP Deflators published by HM Government for anticipated future pay awards, merit pay and inflation.
- The value of the grant may be varied by the STFC during the lifetime of the grant in accordance with the deflators or to take into account other Government decisions affecting the funding available to the STFC.
- No provision for inflation will be made for equipment costs.
- There will be no increase to research grant funds with the following exceptions:
- Research grant funds are provided for a specific research project and can only be used for activities which fall within the duration of the grant. Under no circumstances may Directly Incurred and Exceptions funds be used to meet the costs of any other grant or activity.