Ninth International Workshop on Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems
Friday 10 September 2004
The Rutherford Appleton Laboratory organised the 4th ERCIM sponsored FMICS workshop held at the Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria, September 2004.
The aim of the FMICS workshops was to provide a forum for researchers who are interested in the development and application of formal methods in industry. In particular, these workshops are intended to bring together scientists who are active in the area of formal methods and interested in exchanging their experiences in the industrial usage of these methods. These workshops also strive to promote research and development for the improvement of formal methods and tools for industrial applications.
Co-located with ASE 2004.
Topics included, but were not restricted to:
- Tools for the design and development of formal descriptions
- Verification and validation of complex, distributed, real-time systems and embedded systems
- Verification and validation methods that aim at circumventing shortcomings of existing methods in respect to their industrial applicability
- Case studies and project reports on formal methods related projects with industrial participation (e.g. safety critical systems, mobile systems, object-based distributed systems)
- Application of formal methods in standardization and industrial forums
Previous workshops of the ERCIM working group on Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems were held in Oxford (March 1996), Cesena (July 1997), Amsterdam (May 1998), Trento (July 1999), Berlin (April 2000), Paris (July 2001), Malaga (July 2002) and Trondheim (June 2003).
- Alvaro Arenas (RAL, UK)
- Thomas Arts (IT-Univ. in Gothenburg, Se)
- Gilles Barthe (INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, Fr)
- Juan Bicarregui co-chair (CCLRC/RAL, UK)
- Armin Biere (ETH Zurich, Ch)
- Lubos Brim (Masaryk Univ. Cz)
- Andrew Butterfield co-chair (Dublin Univ., Ie)
- Muffy Calder (Univ. of Glasgow, UK)
- Wan Fokkink (CWI, NI)
- Maria del Mar Gallardo (Malaga Univ., Es)
- Leszek Holenderski (Philips, NI)
- Diego Latella (CNR/IST Pisa, It)
- Martin Leucker (Uppsala Univ., Se)
- Radu Mateescu (INRIA Rhone-Alpes, Fr)
- Ina Schieferdecker (Fraunhofer FOKUS, De)
The workshop was organised by Rutherford Appleton Laboratory.
- Working Group Chair -Stefania Gnesi
- Workshop Co-Chair - Juan Bicarregui
- Workshop Co-Chair - Andrew Butterfield
- Local Organisation - Alvaro Arenas
FMICS 04 took place at the Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria, September 2004, as a co-located workshop of ASE 2004, the 19th IEEE International Conference on Automated Software Engineering.
© 2013 Science and Technology Facilities Council - All Rights