Apprenticeships Day – 23 August 2017
(Credit: AB Still Ltd)
Are you aged over 14 and interested in a career in engineering? STFC and Diamond Light Source Apprenticeships offer up to 4 years paid training in electrical, electronic, mechanical and software engineering.
From building particle accelerators to testing satellites, our engineers and technicians make science happen.
Join us on Wednesday 23 August 2017 at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Didcot, Oxfordshire to meet our current apprentices to find out what we do, and try your hand at a range of activities.
Register for the Apprenticeships Day.
Email the apprenticeships team.
- 10:00 - Registration and Welcome
- 10:10 - Overview of the Apprentice scheme
- 10:15 - Life as an Apprentice
- 10:30 - Future Career Paths
- 11:00 - Where your work could take you! Overviews of:
- ISIS neutron and muon source
- Diamond Light Source
- RAL Space
- 11:30 - Tours and activities
- 12:45 - Lunch and Meet the Employers
- 13:45 - Tours and activities
- 15:00 - Closing talks
- 15:05 - What we look for in apprentices
- 15:15 - Next Steps
- 15:20 - Apprentices – why we need you!
- 15:30 - Close