Nuclear Physics Grants Panel
The Panel's role is to:
- To assess and make recommendations to the STFC executive for research awards in nuclear physics.
- Take account, as appropriate, of any strategic advice provided by STFC.
- Take account, as appropriate, of the recommendations of external reviewers and the conclusion of specialist peer review panels.*
- Provide clear concise feedback to applicants.
- Advise the Science Board and Executive as required on all issues relating to research grants, including monitoring the level of funding allocated to grants per round.
- Liaise with other bodies as necessary.
- To carry out such other tasks associated with peer review as the Executive might require.
* These may be convened by the executive to advise on consolidated grants, contiguous groups of research requests, or research requests which are judged (on the basis of cost or propriety) to warrant such separate, in-depth assessment.
- Professor Douglas MacGregor (Chair) – University of Glasgow
- Dr Carlo Barbieri – University of Surrey
- Professor Mike Bentley - University of York
- Prof Angela Bracco - INFN Milan
- Dr Paul Campbell – University of Manchester
- Prof Jacek Dobaczewski - University of Warsaw/University of York
- Professor David Evans – University of Birmingham
- Dr Dave Joss – University of Liverpool
- Professor John Smith - University of the West of Scotland
- Professor Phil Woods – University of Edinburgh