Micro and Nanotechnology Centre
The Micro and Nanotechnology Centre provides state of the art micro- and nano-fabrication facilities to universities, industry and other STFC departments. The Centre is home to 25 scientists and technicians who have extensive experience in the research and development, design, fabrication and test of semiconductor and MEMS devices.
The Centre has a 30 year history and has been extensively involved in the development of the field of micro-fabrication since its conception.
The Centre is divided into five groups, three of which conduct specific areas of research and two of which provide project and facility management;
- MNT Engineering Applications
- BioScience MNT
- Process Development
- Project Office
The facilities include ISO Class 5 (FS209 Class 100) cleanrooms which house a variety of equipment for comprehensive fabrication of micro- and nano-technology based devices.
- Conventional photo-lithography mask aligners (Karl Suss)
- Leica E-Beam direct write tools; EBML 300 and VBR6
- Deposition tools; CVC, DP800, V2000
- Etching systems include both dry and wet etch, STS & System 90
- Metrology & characterising toolsets; Tencor P2, EBL-40 SEM, Hitachi S4000 SEM and NanoSurf AFM
© 2013 Science and Technology Facilities Council - All Rights