Standard meteorological measurements are made at Chilbolton in support of all experiments at the Observatory. The data are automatically recorded every 10 seconds from a range of different sensors, including temperature, dew point, pressure, wind speed and wind direction. The meteorological datasets are available at the BADC.
The instruments used are:
- Rotronic temperature and relative humidity sensor
- General eastern temperature and chilled mirror dew point sensor for earlier measurements
- KDG 4000 series pressure transducer
- Vector instruments A100H anemometer
- Vector instruments W200 windvane