Data Protection and Freedom of information
We comply fully with the requirements of current data protection legislation and follow current Government guidelines on the provision of information to external sources. You are entitled to request information about yourself.
You have the right to access information held by STFC under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Requests for information should be to the STFC Information Management
You’re entitled to:
- be told whether the information exists (except if covered by an absolute exemption)
- receive the information, if it exists and unless it’s exempt
- request the information without giving (and without STFC asking for) a reason
For more information on exemptions, please see the Information Commissioner’s website.
STFC Complaints procedure
As part of our commitment to accountability, we take complaints extremely seriously and operate a fair and transparent procedure to deal with them. If you have a complaint about how we conduct our work, please provide details via post, phone, fax or email and include the following information:
- A clear description of the complaint and what you’d like us to do to address it
- Whether or not this is a first-time complaint
- Your full contact details, including phone number and email address
Please send your complaint to:
General Counsel & Director Corporate Services
c/o Head of Governance
North Star Avenue, Swindon
Tel +44 1793 442128
Fax +44 1793 442002
We’ll undertake a full investigation and provide a full explanation within 15 working days of receiving your complaint. If this isn’t possible, we’ll explain why and provide a date by which you can expect a full reply.
If you’re not satisfied with our reply, you can write to Professor John Womersley, our Chief Executive Officer, at our main address (see above). Should you still not be satisfied, you can refer the matter to the Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (the Ombudsman) via your local MP.
You are entitled to information
about yourself, please see the STFC Information Charter for further details.